The treasurer is the township’s accounts receivable department. All money that comes into the township must come in through the treasurer. The treasurer works closely with the clerk who is considered the township’s bookkeeper.
In addition to being a voting member of the board of trustees, a treasurer’s duties include the following:
- Receives all receipts, deposits township revenue, and is a signer on all accounts
- Collects taxes on behalf of the township and other tax-levying units
- Calculate distributions for real and personal property taxes
- Invests surplus funds in approved depositories
- Prepares financial statements
- Delivers tax certificates to township supervisor and county clerk prior to September 30th each year
Tax Deferment Forms
Millage Rate Charts
Village Tax Information
For those township residents that also live in the Village, there is an additional Village tax. Tax bills are sent out July 1 and are due by September 14.
For more information, contact the Village of Armada at 586.784.9151.